What is Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)?
Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
Why is important for you?
- CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice questions.
- CySA+ focuses on the candidate’s ability to not only proactively capture, monitor, and respond to network traffic findings, but also emphasizes software and application security, automation, threat hunting, and IT regulatory compliance, which affects the daily work of security analysts.
- CySA+ covers the most up-to-date core security analyst skills and upcoming job skills used by threat intelligence analysts, application security analysts, compliance analysts, incident responders/handlers, and threat hunters, bringing new techniques for combating threats inside and outside of the Security Operations Center (SOC)
Who should Attend?
- Security analyst
- Security engineer
- Security specialist
- Security administrator
- Leverage intelligence and threat detection techniques
- Analyze and interpret data
- Identify and address vulnerabilities
- Suggest preventative measures
- Effectively respond to and recover from incidents
- Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.
- While there is no required prerequisite, SSC is intended an equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
- Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 4 years of hands-on information security or related experience.