What is CompTIA Security+?
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills.
Why is important for you?
- No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
- More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
- Security+ focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
- The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
Who Should Attend?
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Threats, Attacks & Vulnerabilities: detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Technologies & Tools: install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
- Architecture & Design: implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Identity& Access Managment: install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Risk Management: implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
- Cryptography & PKI: install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
Benefits of CompTIA Security+
You will be able:
- the knowledge and skills required to assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents.
Recommended Experience: CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus