What is CASP+?
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology, as opposed to strictly managing.
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners not managers at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
Why is important for you?
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security.
The CASP+ exam covers the following:
- Enterprise security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyberdefense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include mobile and small-form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as blockchain, cryptocurrency and mobile device encryption
Benefits of CASP+
- CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards.
Who Sould Attend?
- Security Architect
- Technical Lead Analyst
- Application Security Engineer
- Security Engineer
- Risk Management: analyze security risks and frameworks that come along with specific industry threats and organizational requirements and execute risk mitigation strategies
- Technical Integration of Enterprise Security: integrate hosts, storage, networks and applications into a secure enterprise architecture using on-premise, cloud, and virtualization technologies
- Enetrprise Security Architecture: integrate network and security components and implement security controls for host, mobile and small form factor devices.
- Research, Development & Collaboration: apply research methods to determine industry trends and their impact to the enterprise
- Enterprise Security Operations: implement incident response and recovery procedures and conduct security assessments using appropriate tools.
Recommended Experience: A minimum of ten years of experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience.