Why should you attend?
The purpose of the Foundation level certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MoV guidance to:
- Contribute effectively to MoV activities led by others
- Understand and explain MoV to others
- Pre-qualify for the MoV Practitioner Exam or for other training and certification systems in Value Management.
Who should attend?
- Management and staff in an organization wishing to acquire an understanding ofMoV, whether MoV is embedded in their organization or not.
- The PPM community, for whom the guide is aimed at those involved in directing,managing, supporting and delivering portfolios, programmes and projects. This includes Senior Management, Programme Managers, Project Managers, Change Managers and Project and Programme Office staff and their sponsors.
- Those who apply the methods in other PPM guides to build on and enhance theactivities to maximise value and delivery of benefits
- The main processes and techniques used within MoV and the reasons for using them.
- How MoV may be applied at portfolio, programme, project and operational levels.
- The differences in applying MoV at different stages in a project and the expectedoutputs from a MoV Study at each stage.
- The circumstances under which MoV should be used.
- The concept of value and how value may be improved.
- The main benefits arising from the use of MoV.
- Approaches for implementing MoV.
- How to respond to external and internal influences.
- The principles of embedding MoV into an organisation.
- The key topics in document check lists, the toolbox, health check, organizationalmaturity and individual competence.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on the material which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam