GIAC – Secure Software Programmer- .NET (GSSP-.NET)
What is GSSP-.NET?
The GIAC Secure Software Programmer .NET (GSSP-NET) certification validates a practitioner’s knowledge, skills, and abilities to write secure code and recognize security shortcomings in existing code. GSSP-NET certification holders have demonstrated mastery of the security knowledge and skills needed to deal with common programming errors that lead to most security problems.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for:
- ASP.NET developers who want to build more secure web applications
- .NET framework developers
- Software engineers
- Software architects
- Developers who need to meet PCI compliance
- Application security auditors
- Technical project managers
- Senior software QA specialists
- Penetration testers
The topic areas for each exam part follow:
- .NET Authentication: will demonstrate an ability to implement secure authentication and controls in a .NET environment, as well as understanding common vulnerabilities.
- .NET Authorization: will demonstrate an ability to implement secure authorization in a .NET environment, as well as understanding common vulnerabilities.
- .NET Data Validation: will demonstrate understanding of how to secure input and output using common data validation techniques.
- .NET Encryption: will demonstrate understanding of .NET encryption methods and algorithms as well as how to properly encrypt sensitive information in transit and at rest.
- .NET Exception handling and logging: will demonstrate an understanding of the principles behind logging security-relevant events, configuration of error pages, and how to appropriately handle exceptions.
- .NET Framework Security: will demonstrate an understanding of the security implications of language and platform features built in to the .NET Framework.
- .NET Session Management: will demonstrate understanding of secure server-side and client-side session management controls, as well as common vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Common Web and .NET Application Attacks: will demonstrate an understanding of common web and .NET application vulnerabilities and attacks, including parameter manipulation, injection attacks, and overflows.
- Secure SDLC: will demonstrate an understanding of how to perform security activities, including threat modeling, as part of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
Benefits of GSSP-.NET?
- .NET authentication, authorization, data validation, and encryption
- .NET exception handling and logging, framework security, and session management
- Common web and .NET application attacks, secure SDLC
- 1 proctored exam
- 75 questions
- Time limit of 3 hours
- Minimum Passing Score of 66%
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live conference training, online, and self study.
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or study through another program may meet the needs for mastery.
- The procedure to contest exam results can be found at https://www.giac.org/about/procedures/grievance.