What is GSSP-JAVA?
The GIAC Secure Software Programmer Java (GSSP-JAVA) certification validates a practitioner’s knowledge, skills, and abilities to write secure code and recognize security shortcomings in existing code. GSSP-JAVA certification holders have demonstrated mastery of the security knowledge and skills needed to deal with common programming errors that lead to most security problems.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for:
- Developers who want to build more secure applications
- Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) programmers
- Software engineers
- Software architects
- Developers who need to meet PCI compliance
- Application security auditors
- Technical project managers
- Senior software QA specialists
- Penetration testers
The topic areas for each exam part follow:
- Application Faults & Logging: will understand how to properly handle expected and unexpected application faults
- Authentication: will understand the importance of implementing secure authentication controls
- Authorization: will understand the importance of implementing secure authorization controls
- Common Web Application Attacks: will demonstrate an understanding of common web application attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Data Validation: will understand how data validation can be used to prevent common vulnerabilities
- Encryption: will understand how to use Java APIs to encrypt data in transit and data at rest
- Java Language and Platform Security: will understand the security implications of language and platform features built in to Java
- Secure SDLC: will demonstrate an understanding of how to perform security activities as part of the SDLC
- Session Management: will understand the importance of secure session management controls.
Benefits of GSSP-JAVA?
- Authorization, common web application attacks, and data validation
- Encryption, secure SDLC, and session management
- Java language and platform security